Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Kingdom of Sand Journal - Day 20

I dropped my pen on a trek between our tents and Ireem, and it has taken me forever to find a new one!  I bet Bakr stepped on my old one on purpose.

My blacksmith training seems to be going well, as it seems I've earned an advancement in the profession.  I don't think I'll be making any weapons yet, but I am getting better with a hammer...and not burning myself.  Maybe I should have chosen to learn something that isn't next to a fire.

I ran into that nice pirate Captain, quite literally actually.  I was afraid he was going to run me through like the other pirates so I ran.  He caught up to me though, and was merely interested in helping me with my rat problem.  He was nice enough to return some shinies one of his compatriots snatched from me a few days ago, and even gave me a meal.  Then, luckily for me, he took me under his feathered cap and taught me some more.

The Captain taught me about climbing walls to escape those chasing after me, but also showed me how it can be an advantage in battle.  He even showed me some super secret hidey spots in the city, so I could take a moment to breathe whilst being chased.  With the Captain's help, I even found a way into an area of the palace I had never seen, but he warned me about going there when knights and royals are about.

It was a quiet night, so we snuck into the Knight's office, and he showed me his picture up on the wall.  Some day I bet my picture will be up there too.  He told me about the nasty trials held by the market, and about the time he was put in one by a royal.  We both laughed when he was found guilty of pickpocketing, which he answered by pickpocketing the same royal again.

During the night we talked about the hatred between the pirates and the bedouins, and I tried to find a way I could have his people leave me be.  I think he may speak to them on my behalf, and tell them I am a friend.  I really hope I can meet more pirates like him.  Maybe we could patch up whatever this bickering is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment