Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

A note on one of my limits

While I am writing this out of character, I think it is important to note that these feelings transition the ic/ooc barrier.

One of my current role-play limits is as follows: "Not here for capture, sex, or slavery, but I will go along with the consequences of rp."  This seems to bring up the question of, why play on a capture sim?  I can understand that in a place where there are opposing factions, battles may occur.  I can also understand that during the course of battle, whether it be one on one or on a grander scale, there may indeed be some hostages taken by either side.  This is why the fact that capture is allowed in KoS does not bother me, nor am I against it.

To better illustrate the way in which the capture role-play I see undertaken by most bothers me (though I do not personally consider most of what I have seen as role-play at all), let me show you a conversation by myself and one of the capture roleplayers on the sim.  To preface this, I had met this person once before.  This was how I was dressed when they met me, which I suppose must have conveyed the wrong impression:
 At that first meeting, the role-player in question, a pirate, tried to pass himself off as a city guide and promising to show me "very special places."  Our next encounter,  the pirate tried to be charming yet again, and luckily it was again another short meeting.  Our third meeting led to this ooc conversation.  After brief greetings, during which I admitted to knowing he was a pirate and slaver, he went directly to trying to pull out a rope to ensnare me with.  I was not amused, and being right next to the entrance to the city, I turned and walked back within.  He attempted to follow me, block my way, and continue with his intention to capture me.

And now, the conversation:

**: hi there

**: attempting to capture you -- would that be okay with you ?

ηαѕяιη ηєנєм (nasrinnejem): I'm not here for all the stupid little capture and slave games all these other girls seem so willing to play

**: you wanna attempt to escape by RP .. or just refuse the RP ?

ηαѕяιη ηєנєм (nasrinnejem): Really, what is the enjoyment you people find in this nonsense?

**: its a game, challenging

ηαѕяιη ηєנєм (nasrinnejem): It's not a game, it's an "Ooo, see a random person, let me put a rope around them."

**: its a capture sim .. and yes, running into another you can try to capture

**: but if you dont like ,, no problem, I'll stay away

**: take care and enjoy

ηαѕяιη ηєנєм (nasrinnejem): I'm sorry, I don't see the point.  All it seems your pirate faction wants to do is capture people and toss them in a cage.  There's no story.

**: that is the story

**: slavers roam around to find captivs

**: then the story only starts

ηαѕяιη ηєנєм (nasrinnejem): If that is what is considered story here, then obviously I picked the wrong place to role-play.  Sorry.

**: possibly ..but you can make your own story here of course .. ours wont just go together
While I realize that in the end I may have been rude, and angered a bit quickly that day, I still stand by what I said; and hopefully this explains my stance on capture in my limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment