Pages

Friday, February 22, 2019

Danger everywhere

I returned to the bayou after a fitful night of attempted sleep not sure what I might encounter.  All of those noises I heard last night, now I could see their origin.  Bugs were everywhere, alligators swam the waters, and pythons slithered through the undergrowth.  Where was Cole?  Or would I find little Ada first?



As I searched through the thick trees and growth I found strange monuments, or perhaps offerings.  Did these have anything to do with voodoo like I had started to learn about?  The symbols looked like some I had seen in the book, but what were these here for?  I found coins at each of these strange places.


The first shack I found had no real clues, so I kept searching.  The day wore on, and I finally found another shack.  What I found inside, after everything I had seen today was shocking.


Someone had set up what looks like some sort of shrine to my brother.  On another table I found a locked diary, and the coins I had seen earlier seemed to fit on the cover.  I managed to open the book and was deeply disturbed.  A tale of an obviously confused soul who thinks she is in love with my brother.  She held him captive...  I am so worried!  Where is Cole?!

No comments:

Post a Comment