Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Under a silver moon

I received a frantic telegraph from my dear friend Marie.  Her words confused me, something about being pursued by a beast of a man, or was it a beast?  I cannot let her pleas fall on deaf ears, I must find her!


I have missed her, but she left a message behind as she promised.  Still I cannot completely fathom what her words mean, but sense that there is something dark at work here.  Sefidi senses the danger as much as I, and prays for her safety with me.


Perhaps the celebrations at the edge of town will be where we finally find Marie, if we can get there quickly.  But wait, where is everyone, what is this on the ground?


The trail to find Marie is covered with blood, and I worry that her choices are not sound as her words are increasingly panicked.  Surely the silence of the cemetery must be where we will find her, though I hope it is not her name on a stone.


Surely Marie's people will be able to help her, and that will be where Sefidi and I can rest and comfort our friend.


Marie seeks her answers in the West, and that is where we must find her.  I hope there is something in those great tomes that will provide her answers and mine.


I have never understood the traditions or practices of her people, but perhaps the apothecary will hold the clue to Marie's salvation.


The light of the sun is leaving us, and I fear the darkness we are chasing after.  Will we finally find Marie down in these mysterious caves?


We have just missed her!  This has to be the end, I can still see her boot prints in the mud.  Wait, Marie, was that you?  I can hear her, we must pursue!


My dearest friend, we have found you!  Oh what you have been through!  But wait, those baskets...are they...oh no, what is that growling?

No comments:

Post a Comment